This is my sister in law. She let the kids choose her character and they chose Aayla Secura. I’m super mom so I can do anything right?! That’s what I was thinking when I realized I had to make a headpiece and originally would have had to make a half tank top, half long sleeved belly shirt. But wait, that is not what she is wearing at all is it?! Nope. Our Aayla and Obi-Wan have created a jedi love child- who apparently will be an Ewok next year (don’t ask me how that happened) so I had to create a maternity jedi outfit. Does such an outfit exist in a galaxy far, far, away you might ask?! It does now. Aayla wore a plain brown long sleeve shirt and pair of leggings, over that we draped a long rectangle of fabric- that’s it, just a rectangle with a hook and eye on the back. I crossed the fabric left over right (I am nothing if not detail oriented) and hooked it behind her, she could wear it as a wrap draped over her shoulders, or pulled onto her neck in a drapey type halter top. If her robe was off it looked very Aayla if you ask me. Instead of a dark brown robe- because we had a lot of dark brown going on in her costume- I decided to use this cream colored fabric. I made her robe much the same way I made Luke and Leia’s except her hood is much much larger, slightly pointed at the end and her sleeves are bell shaped. Her ears (the rounded pointy things on the side of her head) are made of craft foam covered in plaster coated fabric, detailed with puff paint and painted blue. I probably painted them 4 times, then sealed them with clear sealant, painted them one last time and aged them with black paint that I smeared into all the crevices of the ridges, and then I wiped off most of the black, but left the stuff in all the cracks and such. Then, I sewed them in between two pieces of flap shaped vinyl material. Those were then sewn to the head piece that hooks together on the back of her head. Her headpiece- the long dangly blue things- those are a pair of childrens white tights that I dyed blue- again with RIT, in royal blue this time, and then stuffed with poly-fil. To make them pointy I had originally turned them inside out and then sewed the toes into a point and cut off the excess. The brown leather looking straps are more the same brown vinyl used to make her headpiece. I sewed them to the back of the tights and just wrapped them around until they overlapped each other a couple of times and handsewed the ends down. She used Mehron blue makeup to paint her face and hands, however I think next time we might try a different bracd, this specific blue dried out and cracked off after a couple of hours of wear.